Thursday, December 23, 2010

So many blessings!!!

Christmas time is my favorite time of the year!! And not because of the gifts I get, but the gift of friends,  family and fellowship that I get this time of year! This Christmas will mark the second without my PawPaw and the first without my Grandpaw. I miss them both but the feelings are intensified this time of year because of the annual traditions we always had. This year has been a wild roller coaster and with Emma on the way I think things will likely never slow down. :-)

So today marks the last day of work for the year and then off to my family!! MeMe got a stomach virus on Sunday and since she usually is the cooker of Christmas lunch looks like Michael, Mom and Me will be tackling that task. Mom did tell me last night that while MeMe is now feeling a little better...PapPaw is now sick so either way Christmas lunch will be at Mom and Dad's for the first time EVER! ;-) (or at least since I was born) All of our stuff is packed and presents are ready to be distributed to the appropriate family member upon arrival! Did I mention that I LOVE this time of year!!

Back to baby Emma. Week 25 has been great! For those of you still not on the week terminology that is 5 1/2 months down...three more to grow.  Emma is not about 13 1/2 inches from head to toe and weighs 1 1/2 pounds which is roughly the weight of your average rutabaga
She is slowly starting to change her look from long and lean with the addition of a little baby fat. This will help to fill out the wrinkled shin she is sporting now. They also tell me that she is growing more hair...and that if I could see it I would be able to tell the color and texture. We are really hoping for a ginger...or for those of us on this side of the pond a red head! Mom and Hunter both have red hair and Michael's beard is red so we feel like there is hope!

As for me I too am going to take a page from one of my friends...it's kinda a Bridget Jones report of the week... (thanks Elizabeth!)

How Far Along: 25 Weeks- due date is April 3rd
Total Weight Gain/Loss: Gained 8 lbs
(Funny how if I look at me it looks like more but my doctor said I am right on track!)
Maternity Clothes: I can still wear a couple of regular drapey tops but I am maternity pants all the way!! and I have been wearing dresses and tights a lot too and that is nice!!

Gender: Girl Name: Emma Jean
After my Great Great Grandmother and My mom and MeMe's middle names.
Movement: Morning and evenings when I get still. Still can't pinpoint what makes her move.
What I miss: Being able to tie my shoes without a little pain...something I really took for granted apparently. :-)
Cravings: Up until last night I would say that I hadn't had one...but I smelled what I thought was a biscuit...and then had to make one!! Good thing we had some of those individual frozen ones.
Best Moment this week: Sleeping without interruption for 8 hours last night!!

On another note I read this week that I am really not growing more hair...it's just that the hair I normally shed naturally is staying put longer...so once the baby is here I will go through my own shedding process much like Brinkley! Just another fun thing to look forward to right! ;-)

Well that is all for now! 
 
Have a blessed week and enjoy all your time with family and friends!!

Luke 2: 1-20

The Birth of Jesus
In those days Caesar Augustus issued a decree that a census should be taken of the entire Roman world.  Quirinius was governor of Syria.) And everyone went to their own town to register.

So Joseph also went up from the town of Nazareth in Galilee to Judea, to Bethlehem the town of David, because he belonged to the house and line of David. He went there to register with Mary, who was pledged to be married to him and was expecting a child. While they were there, the time came for the baby to be born, and she gave birth to her firstborn, a son. She wrapped him in cloths and placed him in a manger, because there was no guest room available for them. 

And there were shepherds living out in the fields nearby, keeping watch over their flocks at night. An angel of the Lord appeared to them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were terrified. But the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid. I bring you good news that will cause great joy for all the people. Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord. This will be a sign to you: You will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger.” 

Suddenly a great company of the heavenly host appeared with the angel, praising God and saying, 


“Glory to God in the highest heaven,
   and on earth peace to those on whom his favor rests.” 


When the angels had left them and gone into heaven, the shepherds said to one another, “Let’s go to Bethlehem and see this thing that has happened, which the Lord has told us about.” 

So they hurried off and found Mary and Joseph, and the baby, who was lying in the manger. When they had seen him, they spread the word concerning what had been told them about this child, and all who heard it were amazed at what the shepherds said to them.  But Mary treasured up all these things and pondered them in her heart. The shepherds returned, glorifying and praising God for all the things they had heard and seen, which were just as they had been told.

No comments: