Thursday, December 2, 2010

Bananas, Carrots and Spaghetti Squash...Oh My!!

You know it's been too long when you see that you have three fruits and veggies compared to a quarter!! ;-)
We will start with the Week 20 banana...
 In week 20 when we found out that she really was a she, Emma Jean was as big as a banana! From head to bottom 6 1/2 inches and from head to heel an impressive 10 inches!! With all that length it is still strange to know that she only weighs 10 1/2 ozs. Like we were able to see on the ultrasound she is swallowing more now which I am told is good practice for her digestion. :-) And for those of you who have had babies and experienced the joy of the first poop...well that is forming to!

Week 21 brought us the visions of carrots...
 So in week 21 Emma is weighing three-quarters of a pound and 10 1/2 inches long from head to rump. If you are tracking that means she grew 4 inches in the course of a week!! Eyebrows and eye lids are present and her V jay jay (thanks for the word Miranda on Grey's Anatomy) is beginning to form as well. This week was Thanksgiving so we were down in Alabama visiting Michael's family and Emma even put on a small show for Michael's Mom as she played the konga on the inside of my tummy. Kicks and punches were big enough that she was able to see them!! This week marks the increased chance of the appearance of varicose veins...yuck. I am already doing my best to sleep on my left side... I am not too good at propping my feet up when I can and I haven't gotten support hose but since my family is prone to them I am gonna try all I can to minimize the damage. :-)

On a side note: While in AL I learned that there really isn't much that I don't see myself forcing Emma to wear!! If she is anything like Mom says I was, once she starts talking she will want to dress herself and then all bets are off. ;-)

Now that we are caught up here is week 22!! The Spaghetti Squash
This guy shows what I feel like is currently taking up residence in my belly! Emma is almost one whole pound now and now is really starting to look like a mini newborn. She has lips, eyebrows and eyelids and little tooth buds beneath her gums. Her eyes have formed but still no pigment in her irises. She is covered with a fine hair right now called lanugo. Changes in me include the magnetic attraction of hands to my tummy. This might not be a big deal to most but to me...HUGE!! I am just not a fan of tummy touching weather my tummy is big or flat. This immediately makes me jump back a bit and it's worse with family for sure. Somehow they feel like it's okay for them but I beg to differ. I am also realizing that when people say "you really look pregnant now" it affects me more than it probably should. I start by feeling defensive...even though I know it's true. I guess it's due to the fact that I am 5 feet tall and I have always had to watch my weight but I am listening to my doctor and she says I am right on track and as long as I eat right and get in some physical exercise each day I am doing good!

Oh no...I just read the most terrible thing...apparently the lotion I am paying the big bucks for has no scientific proof that it can prevent stretch marks. :-( Hopefully the research is wrong...cause I would really like to NOT have stretch marks if all possible!

So that's what happening in my belly. On other notes here are some pictures from Thanksgiving with Michael's side of the family!!





Have a blessed and happy week!

1 comment:

dave and jenn said...

Girl, you are looking great!