Wednesday, November 17, 2010

It it a GIRL!!!

So without further adieu we would love the world to say hello to Emma Jean (or a least her current home in my belly!!)  We had our 20 week ultra sound yesterday and it was confirmed that the little guy, um gal inside me is actually a girl!!! We couldn't be happier!


People kept asking us if we cared what we were having and the truth is that we didn't care one way or another as long as the baby was healthy. But am I excited about a little girl...you bet! I will be able to have my very own dress up doll for as long as she will let me. If she is anything like me that won't last once she starts talking. I can't say that I remember this but I have been told that when I was in preschool and Mom would wake me up I would ask "What am I wearing", if I didn't like the option I wouldn't get up. :-) And that if I had my way I would change cloths 3-4 times a day!! Lets just say that this might be interesting!!

As for the name I wanted to give a little history about that too. Emma is my great great grandmothers name and Jean is both my Mom and my MeMe's middle name! Here are some pictures of the three of us at MeMe's birthday and a Christmas!!
 In the next couple of months I am going to get all the information I can about Emma so that I will be able to tell Emma all about her namesake. I think it's neat to have a name with history...my name was chosen from a character on a soap opera. :-D

And as promised here is a picture of me and my belly...covered up!!
 You may notice that something looks a little different with my hair...nope I am not adding red to it but Emma is!! :-) My hairdresser assures me that this is natural and that pigment changes in the hair is just one of those things that happen during pregnancy. Who knows...maybe I will luck out and get a beautiful red headed girl like my Mom!!! For week 20 it's same ole same ole! Growing baby...growing mommy...but the one thing that is new is that we are finally able to buy things!! Michael, being the amazing husband he is, went and put our crib, dresser and changing table/dresser on layaway yesterday! Next week when I am in Alabama with my mother in law we will start the fun registration process!!!! Sooooo excited to start the planning. :-D

That will do me for now!

Be blessed!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yayayayayayay!!!!! A little future-Delta!!! So excited for ya'll!

dave and jenn said...

Your blog is so cute! I'm enjoying all of the fruit/quarter comparisons. :)

Anonymous said...

so excited for you guys.......it's gonna be fun.......Rheda Lewis