Tuesday, September 18, 2012

WE MADE IT!!

One week down and many many more to come! Emma's fist week at Montessori went wonderfully! Was it smooth...no
Were there tears at drop off...yes
Did Mommy cry...almost but no! :-)

Within minutes  each day she was calm and doing beautiful work along with the rest of the class! Here are some of the photos from our first week.

Look...a ball pit!! 


Miss Katie got some undivided Emma time and Emma showed me how she can put the corresponding cars in the right garage spots!


Checking out the flowers on our way in to school


No trouble sleeping on her mat...and did I mention that she did not have a passie the whole 1st week!!


And then here is one from today. These photos make all the difference for me!! :-)


As if changing schools wasn't traumatic enough on Thursday I dropped Emma off and Daddy picked her up. No no that is not the traumatic part but what could have been was the fact that Mommy had gone to Little Rock to have a girls weekend with NaNa!! We had such a great time. We hung out, watched movies, went bowling with one of my besties that moved away, shopped, ate great food and got massages! It was a great way to spend my prebirthday weekend!

None of us had bowled in a LONG time but we still managed to have a blast! Mom and I flipped our wins with her taking the first game and me the second but Katie stayed strong in the middle!

While it was my birthday celebration we could NOT go shopping without getting Emma some stuff. Michael wanted to remind me that it was my birthday not Emma's after texts and talking to me. :-P

Emma got some closed toe shoes for school


We found her a super cute Halloween outfit but not a costume just yet. She also racked up on some Pookie books by Sandra Boyton and a few others. Some outfits from Target because that has to happen anytime we walk in and one more Razorback dress. ;-D

While I was gone Michael kept in touch via text messages charting Emma's weekend. She had a great swim class, got to visit Vanzant Farms in Lowell and they came home with a few bushel of apples. (one of Emma's Favorite words) Emma had rotel dip for the first time and spent most of Saturday taking notes on SEC football.


Due to the cooler weather she did not don her new Alabama dress that was commissioned by her father but I am sure that this will happen before too long! A big shout out to Make it Initial for an excellent job!


While in LR I was able to start to replenish my shoe collection. I do LOVE shoes and after Emma my foot is now a 6 3/4 but unfortunately that isn't a size in the real world. This meant that 22 perfectly great pairs of shoes had to leave me...






It was a sad time for sure but Michael reminded me that someone will love them as much as me at the goodwill! I was able to find some replacements but I still need some flat black closed toe shoes and a pair of basic black pumps to feel better about the whole situation.

While I was gone I also was blessed with Michael buying my birthday present early! I knew about it because they accidentally activated my present which made my current phone obsolete. :-( It was such a strange feeling knowing that I couldn't call someone while I was driving back for those 3 hours. I KNOW that people used to go hours and even days without a phone call but I have never been that person. From the moment I started driving I had a bag phone by Motorola in the car with me for emergencies.



Later I upgraded to one of those monstrosities mounted to the center console and by my senior year I had traded my pager (you read right) for a nifty hand held model.



How far we have come in 15 years!!

There was another amazing happening at the Wheeler house this weekend...Emma pooped on her potty! Without getting into too many details Michael had to go so Emma joined him. She wanted to look like Daddy so that means diaper off and something to read. 



After sitting there for several minutes she said "I poo pooed" and she had! Not much but it was there. She bent over so he could wiper her off (like they do at school) and she got her diaper back. AGAIN we are not trying to potty train her but she is interested and we are okay with that! ;-)

I also came back bringing gifts in the form of my old table and chairs from my childhood. I loved playing at the table and having tea time! MeMe even sent back my moms tiny porcelain tea set that Mom, myself and my moms cousins have all played with over the years. I Think those will stay in the box for a little longer but we had to try out the table and chairs as soon as she got up!


The set  has looked better and it will need to be completely refinished but that may take me a while! Until then I know that Emma can't hurt it even if she gave it her best shot!

This is the last week of being 30...I'll let you know if I feel any different on Friday when I am 31!

Be blessed, 
Jill

1 comment:

dave and jenn said...

I had that same Motorola bag phone in high school! Ahhh! Funny, I was just thinking about those the other day too... :)

I'm so glad Emma is having a great experience at Montessori!