Thursday, September 13, 2012

Play dates and changes

This past Friday was rough for mommy! We had to say goodbye to all our wonderful friends and "family" members at Just Like Home. I was able to make it most of the day without crying but when I got to JLH to pick Emma up the water works flowed!




 Through out the day I had received texts from Miss Kim and Emma was really having a great day! 


 We went around to most of the rooms and said by to the teachers that Emma had grown close to over the 16 months that she had been there and I cried. I cried as they cried and loved on Emma and she told them all that she loved them. When I got to the car Emma saw my tears for the first time and started to trace the tracks they were making down my face. Then she cried! I assured her that mommy was okay and that everything would be alright but it was tough! 


 The night was uneventful as Michael left for drill and I knew that Saturday would be a better day! Swim class was utter perfection and afterwards we went to the Walmart Associate store and found an amazing deal on a Broby doll from Yo Gabba Gabba (the only show that Emma watches) She was smitten and this allowed mommy to shop while Emma sat patiently.



The sting of leaving JLH was made a little more bearable due to the fact that Emma's best friend Elle was able to come over to play on Saturday. Emma and Elle played together for 3 hours! It was by far the longest play date we have had to date and it was wonderful!!! I can't wait for she and Jamie (aka Elle's Mom) to come back over again. We will have to invited the daddy's too for some grilling time in the back yard!








 I mean we really didn't stop for three hours! :-) It was wonderful!!!

On Sunday Emma turned a year and a half old! WOW where did that time go! We were able to snap a picture or two to capture the moment but it's getting tough to get Emma to do anything she doesn't want to do.



And finally on Monday it was D-Day... We started Montessori! Everyone got off to a great start except for the fact that Mommy had broken the garage door the day before with her truck and now we weren't able to shut the door... Emma looked ready to take on the world.


The drop off was rough but then I expected it to be. She was excited to have both of us with her at the first of the day but when we both left her with Miss Haley it was heart wrenching. :-( I did not cry and was happy to hear from Miss Haley before I even make it to campus that Emma had calmed down and was showing her who everyone was in the collage I had made her for class. I was so happy that I had made this collage because I think it really gave her some comfort!

Later that day I got a call from Miss Haley to tell me how things were going. Emma had not cried any since drop off. She sang the songs with the rest of the class and during group time she sat for the entire hour without trying to get up. She is exploring her new space and getting to know her classmates but day one was a success!  Miss Haley was even nice enough to send me some pictures as proof that Emma was indeed having a good time! ;-P

 Playground time.


Finger transfer and scoops too! 


On Emma's first day she also got to have her first Spanish lesson...that is right, Emma is learning Spanish at 18 months! This child will surpass her mother's knowledge so soon its scary.

Subsequent drop offs have been tearful but for the most part each day is getting a little better! And the pictures from throughout the day have made things that much easier for me! Below Emma is painting to help get ready for the bullient board they are responsible for this month.

I am so happy that this week has gone well and I hope that Emma's adjustment is fast and that she learns the Montessori ropes quickly!

Be blessed!
Jill

No comments: