Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Football season is finally here

Don't get me wrong, my favorite part about football season is that it happens to coincide with FALL! I think it's my favorite of the seasons we get here in AR. I find myself excited when spring gets here simply because the weather is nice and we get to spend more time outdoors but give me the crisp mornings of NWA any day! I also love football season because of all the cute things I can dress up Emma in! :-) I know that I am limited in the time I have that "I" get to dress Emma so I am taking advantage of every day I have. Some of you might have heard this story before but others have not so hear goes.

As a small child when Mom would wake me up for the day I would ask her what I was wearing...
Mom would offer up what I am sure was an adorable little outfit but I would decline...
REFUSING To get out of bed until I was presented with something I wanted to wear!
Oh brother! ;-P
Obviously I was going to be more into fashion like my MeMe than Mom ever knew.

So anyway here are some from JLH for team day!

A little pose which was really just..."I don't want to look at you Mommy"


 She is getting to where she turns her head any time I bring out my camera...little stinker!


Emma was ready for breakfast a little early this morning.


 Helping to push her chair back in! Such a helpful little girl.



We had our third swim lesson on Saturday morning and until Emma woke up we were not sure if she would feel well enough to go. She had been on Zertec for 4 days by this time and when she got up she was ready to go. I however was not!  Emma was a doll and let Mommy sleep in until 9 and we need to leave the house by 9:30 to get to lessons but breakfast had to come first. Once we all got our stuff together we were only 10 mins late. This is because Emma has to be in a different outfit for travel. Anyone who has used the little swimmers knows that they might keep poo in but they do little to stop pee and I had just washed her car seat after an unfortunate sour milk smell had permeated the car. Anyway you have to sign in, then go to the locker room to change said toddler, who only wants to run around buck naked!! I can't help laughing as I corner her into one of the isles so she can get on her little swimmer and striped one piece!

Practicing climbing out of the pool

 
This is what we look like after we go under water.

 
Reach and pull...



Swimming up the ramp to lay on our back and kick, aka my least favorite thing ever!



This was the first time that Daddy was able to be down on the deck to try and capture some pictures. We have now realized that having both parents at swim lessons is not a good idea. She was fine with me for 10 minutes and then spent the remainder of the class wailing for her Daddy. He gratefully took her once we exited the pool so I could get dressed because we had a stop to make before we went home.

CABELA'S

It was PACKED but we figured as much. Looking forward to going when there's not so much going on for sure. 


We think she liked looking at the fish and the stuffed animals but ultimately she started to get tired.


Daddy was a champ and kept Emma laugh and awake until we made it home so she could have lunch before her nap. We made it and she had a wonderful 3 hour nap. Swimming is just so exhausting!

Later that day we had a couple over to eat, celebrate the start of college football, eat and eat some more! Michael made shrimp and grits with endue sausage. DELISH! He also made a pear crumble pound cake from the pears we picked from our backyard. Everything was so good but Bethany brought her yummy pimiento cheese dip and a new ruben dip! I am surprised any of my cloths fit on Sunday!!

Emma also had a visitor in her buddy Aubrey. Her parents were going to and working at the Razorback football game so we were happy to have a playmate for Emma. Emma doned her hand me down cheer outfit but it appears that she is in fact not a size 6 month anymore! ;-P We didn't get it until December of last year so this was really our first time to put it on. We can still wear the skirt but the shirt simply does nothing for her figure. ;-P



 This pose makes it appear that things fit.


This one shows the truth. LOL!


Once it got closer to the real game that Michael wanted to see she switched to last years Bama onesie. Rolled up the sleeves and she was ret to go!
 
e


And we even managed to get her in the wagon that Poppi bought  her!


The next day was a little more of the same! We invited both Aubrey and her mom over to hang out the girls continued to have a blast together. We were both so happy that they like each other and are at the age where they can play well together since we live so close!




Aubrey smiling for the camera 
 

 Emma realizing that she can splash with her feet...Aubrey having non of that!


And the next day it was playing and house cleaning for Emma and I and Daddy relocated sod from the back yard to the front and the front to the back all to allow us a poop free flagstone walk way! I think he did a GREAT job!


And because I can't have all the fun we went back to the Washington Co Fair one more time with Daddy and these are the moments we caught!


LOVE


Learning early how to spend Daddy's money


She picked up the fish and won her very own stuffed animal! 


 And while she only gets water and milk at home with the occasional 1/2 water 1/2 juice at the fair it's lemonade all the way!



Be blessed!
Jill

1 comment:

dave and jenn said...

That picture of the two of them sitting in the pool cracks me up!