Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Hello to all in the hopes this post finds you well!

We arrived in Baghdad early yesterday morning and are attempting to get settled in our living spaces.
I hope to be taking and sending pictures soon, because the area where we are is fairly nice.
We are living in an area that used to be Saddam's hunting lodge...complete with small lakes stocked with carp.
The trip was a little harrowing since we had a "suspicious package" (i.e. suspected bomb) scare in Kuwait just minutes before we were supposed to load up on our buses.
The "bomb" just ended up being a package that was dropped while someone was walking to their tent.
Then we had what is called a combat landing when we arrived.
It is common for pilots to do this since we are in a hostile area...we were never under fire as far as we know...and we expected it.
And I thought roller coasters made my stomach flip-flop!
Anyway, I am about to start working with the men I will be replacing, so I have to go.
I just wanted to touch base and let everyone know that I am now in Iraq.

Take care!
Michael

No comments: