Thursday, September 15, 2011

PINTEREST...

So I know that lots of people have heard of this site but I just discovered it...and I am already hooked!! Tonight I made my first DIY project!!

Everyone has been making Razorback wreaths but being a "house divided" and I mine would have to say Go Hogs AND Roll Tide. :-) So I decided to go with red and white with a little black. For those of you who know about Alabama you will be able to see the houndstooth ribbon to give Michael something to smile about!

I worked to show you the steps from beginning to end in photos!

Hobby Lobby didn't have a round wreath so a green one from floral works fine! Favorite ribbons and straight pins round out the list of what is needed.


I cut most of the ribbons between 4-5 1/2 inches. I started out measuring but that quickly got old so I just eyeballed it.

 Then I just started layering the looped ribbon that I pinned to the wreath frame.


White


Red with sparkles


Some more white


Zebra with red sparkle trim


and lastly houndstooth for Michael! ;-D


Finished product hanging on the door.


I am very pleased that this only took me an hour and a half from beginning to end and it was perfect to keep my hands busy while I watched Project Runway!

Can't wait to try the next project!

4 comments:

Laura said...

This is awesome!!! I have pinned so many things on pinterest that I want to do when I have some free time. Thank you for sharing and motivating me to starting "doing" instead of just always "pinning". =)

Elizabeth said...

Wow!! Love it!!

Morgan Elizabeth said...

so legit! you are a pro at DIY projects. I'm thinking one day during our office hour we should just devote the entire hour to crafting :)

Kristen said...

That is awesome, Jill!! I love it!! Seeing this makes me wish Hobby Lobby was open on Sundays!!