Friday, February 25, 2011

34 weeks and swelling...um I mean growing. :-)

Well gang we have made it to 34 weeks and while Emma is growing I am swelling.  It was first noticeable after my cousin Blake's wedding this past Saturday. The wedding was in Little Rock and Michael and I drove down and back in one day...maybe not the BEST idea but we made it happen. When I got home I was horrified at how big my ankles were...and they swelling hasn't stopped since. During the wedding however I felt fine and didn't even notice the pain.
Me and Michael

Mom!!
 My sweet Nanny and brother Hunter

This week I have started needing to wear compression pantie hose or socks every day to help with the swelling in my ankles and every night I go home and prop my feet up above my heart for a least an hour to try to help things out. I had an appointment with my doctor and she said that I am doing all I can right now since my weight gain is right on track, I am drinking lots of water, walking and exercising every day and staying away from most processed foods. The bottom line is that some people just swell worse than others. :-(

We had our second childbirth class and we talked all about meds and got to see a C-Section...well it was playing but I couldn't watch it. Michael said it looked cool :-) and I will take his word for it! One more week and we will be ready for whatever this delivery throws at us...or at least that is the idea. ;-)

Back to Emma!! She is now the weight of an average Cantaloupe and almost 18 inches long!
They tell me her fat layers are developing and that will help her to regulate her body temperature once she is born and also help her to round out! Experts also say that most baby's do well if born from here on out! :-) That helps you feel a little better but I would still prefer her to keep growing inside for another 2 weeks.

For me...I've already told you that I am swelling in my hands and ankles and I am getting a little more tired. I will rest for a while once I get home and then I feel better for most of the night. I am also watching that I don't jump up too quickly after sitting or lying for a while to keep me from becoming faint. Other than that it's just the same ole same ole! :-)

Can't wait to see this little girl!!

Have a blessed week!!

No comments: