Thursday, October 14, 2010

The "apple" of our eye

You guessed it...little Wheeler is now the size of an apple!!

Week 15 is off to a great start! Feeling really good but I am not sleeping to well. I had a normal check up yesterday and Dr. Partridge told me that I can take a Tylenol PM or a Benadryl if I go several nights with restless sleeping. Since I was already on my third night of tossing and turning I took her advise...and PRESTO I slept until 6. I could have slept until 6:30 like normal but Brinkley wanted to tell me that it was time to rise and shine! ;-)

I learned that she is now 4 inches long and 2 1/2 inches long and while I can't take fluid up my nose, apparently it is perfectly normal for her and it actually helps her lungs develop. (No you didn't miss anything...I don't know that it's a little girl but I am tired of calling it an "it" in this blog so for the next 4 weeks she will be a her and if we learn something different on November 10th then I will change my terminology then!) She is moving around now and soon I am told I will be able to feel her! :-D Her legs are finally longer than her arms and she just floats around in her happy little home! Her eye lids are fused shut but if I wanted to make her move I can shine a flashlight on my tummy and "they" say she will try to get away from the beam. All I can think about is Look Who's Talking Too Look Who's Talking Too trailer
When Julie is still in the belly. It's not even that great of a movie but thinking of her in there talking to me when I talk to her is just too exciting!!

On a non baby note our family has experienced a loss this week. Michael's Aunt Kitty passed away this week after a more than 5 year battle with cancer. Please keep her husband, daughter and son in your thoughts and prayers. They have been through a lot over the past few years but she is now at peace and no longer in pain. I pray that the family she has left behind soon are able to experience the same peace too.

I leave you with a neat list by Rebecca Woolf:
1. You finally stop to smell the roses, because your baby is in your arms.

2. Where you once believed you were fearless, you now find yourself afraid.

3. The sacrifices you thought you made to have a child no longer seem like sacrifices.

4. You respect your body ... finally.

5. You respect your parents and love them in a new way.

6. You find that your baby's pain feels much worse than your own.

7. You believe once again in the things you believed in as a child.

8. You lose touch with the people in your life whom you should have banished years ago.

9. Your heart breaks much more easily.

10. You think of someone else 234,836,178,976 times a day.

11. Every day is a surprise.

12. Bodily functions are no longer repulsive. In fact, they please you. (Hooray for poop!)

13. You look at your baby in the mirror instead of yourself.

14. You become a morning person.

15. Your love becomes limitless, a superhuman power.

Have a blessed week!!

Jill

1 comment:

Leona said...

I love the list you have posted here, Jill. So very true! L x