Monday, August 13, 2012

Fairs and Fun Times

 Lets start the week off with some more JLH photos of Emma and her friends! 

Emma is thinking "what do I want to play with first?!?"


Miss Michele our lead teacher


Miss Kim our assistant teacher


And throughout the day I get the funniest pictures of Emma eating, drinking, doing art work and playing!! Have I mentioned that I am REALLY going to miss these guys!?!

This week we decided we would brave the Tontitown Grape Festival to get some fair food, ride some rides and eat some grape ice cream. Well that sort of happened. Mommy and Daddy didn't do a good job remembering a stroller so we had to carry Emma around the fair and needless to say my arms were on fire by the end since she was having a "mommy night". We started out a little later than we had hoped and we are pretty sure Emma wiped some sunscreen in her eye right before we left so all photos were with her new babyators on so you couldn't see the red splotchiness. :-( Mommy fail!

As soon as we got there Emma was ready to eat so we split a corn dog. This made her pretty happy! We then let Daddy eat something very messy while we watched the bumblebees. Our favorite song is about bringing home a baby bumblebee so we got pretty excited to ride that one. (Note to self...should have gone on that ride 1st!!) So our first ride was the carousel.



 Per normal with my child it took a little while to warm up to this ride thing


But soon she had the hang of it and was waving like a movie star. 


She loved finding Daddy and waving or pointing at him as we went by.

 
Once we road the carousel we decided that the giant slide was a good next step. This was both scary for the parent climbing way up into the sky with a 17 month old and the parent on the ground watching it all go down.  Luckily everything went smashingly and again...she liked it after the ride was done so we did it again. 


We then made it to the bumblebee's and this was where it all went down hill...1st this ride had a line when we got there so we had to watch the bumblebees instead of ride them at first and that sent us into a crying fit that could not be consoled. Then we got on....

At this point all I could do was smile...She was screaming even with her passie in. :-(


 1/2 way through we tried the waving trick again and that seemed to keep her calm until the ride stopped.
 

We still had 6 tickets left so lets try the carousel again with Daddy. She liked it with Mommy so it should be great a second time, right? WRONG! I think I mentioned before that she was having a Mommy night and leaving Mommy's sight was not okay.

Again what can you do but laugh? She is arching her back and kicking so hard we just walked off and went right to the car! 


I think it could have gone better since a corn dog really isn't totally fair food and I didn't get anything odd deep fried AND we didn't get any grape ice cream... but it was our first trip to a fair and next time we will be prepared!

1. Stroller
2. get photo of us on the carousel before we are moving
3. Bring food we know Emma likes
4. Go before 6:30
5. Keep on laughing at our little girl and her personality

Because when she is done...it's done! 

We worried that Emma might catch whatever sickness was going around JLH last week in her room but all seemed to be fine. We played Saturday morning and then Mommy got to meet up with some of her pledge sisters for lunch and to celebrate a new expected baby boy!! Ashley I could not be more excited for you and Shane's soon to be newest addition!


I love any excuse to hang out with my girl friends and this was a great one! We ate at Fresco's off the square in Fayetteville and the food was delish, but the company was by far the best thing about the whole lunch!

From there I booked it over to Rhea Lana's back to school sale. I consigned for the first time this year so I could get in early to shop...next time I am going to volunteer since I can get in even earlier then. I was able to find Emma 4 pairs of shoes, 12 outfits, 3 dresses, 3 pairs of pajamas, 2 razorback cheerleader outfits, her winter coat, a rain coat and a fleece pullover all for less than $5 an item on average! I really do love a good buy and I think my favorite purchase was a pair of purple keen sandals I found in the little boys shoe bins.


These sell for $50 new and I was able to get them for $6.50!! And they look good as new to me! :-)


We rounded out the weekend with a play date with Jack Jack! We wanted to come visit Leah and RJ's new house anyway so this was the perfect excuss to get together. Their neighboorhood pool was perfect for the two kiddos to play in and eventhough Jack didn't want to have anything to do with Emma. ;-) Maybe his heart belongs to Elle!

Emma has no fear of ANYTHING including practicing swimming in the kiddy pool. She swallowed a lot of water but kept going to her tummy!



Here is the closest I could get to the tow of them posing for a picture. ;-)




Once we finished swimmng the fun continued with some backyard diaper play time!

Love cars!


I'd like to think either of them were playing with each othere...but alas no! ;-D

By the end I think they were liking each other a little more! Emma sure loved Jack's giant teddy bear and Molly was a big hit too! We will have to do this again very soon!!

Be blessed!
Jill

4 comments:

Charlotte Jean said...

I loved all these pictures! She is adorable. The Grape Fest was a bust for Charlotte too- she loves merry-go-rounds, so that was fine, but she was not feeling the festival at all and we left earlier than I expected. Oh well- try again next year!

the balentines said...

Hilarious! Love it all! We meant to get some grape ice cream this year but it didn't happen :(

JMDubya said...

I laughed all the way through your visit to the fair, and I think you've got a good motto for parenthood: "What can you do, really, but laugh?" Also, I'm totally jealous of your Rhea Lana finds - we're going to be in Florida during the Rhea Lana in our town, so I'm going to miss it. I'm bummed, I love consignment, and those purple shoes are cute!

dave and jenn said...

I sooo wanted to try the Tontitown Grape Festival, but there was just too much going on. Maybe we can catch the county fair this year instead, because I am dying to get some carousel pictures like you guys got!

I cannot get over Emma and those shades. Where did you find them?

Sounds like you did really well at RL too!!