Monday, June 30, 2008

It's FINALLY over!!!

ORIENTATION IS FINISHED...well at least until August but that one doesn't ever seem to count anyway since there are no classes for anyone! 15 days straight of orientation sure makes it go by but I don't think I could have made it one more day. :-)

Today is Monday and we are off to a busy start! Our secretary is out for the week so that means some quality time with the front desk!! This morning it's me up front and half of the freshman class for our football team just walked in! They are getting advised for some classes that are starting today. :-D

The rest of this week should be super fun for me. I am going to get to go to my class for a change. I will get to hear two presentation on diversity counseling and then on the last day we have a cultural pot luck. I am bringing cornbread because no matter what the meal was they always had corn bread. As a matter of fact when the dogs ran out of dog food they got to eat cornbread too! Now the big deal is that I have never made cornbread! I will make it on Wednesday night so that I can make it again if I need too...and chances are I might!

Because the 4th of July falls on Friday this week we will get a wonderful 3 day weekend and I am going to go to the beautiful town of Brinkley to see my family. I will be highlighting Mom's hair and practicing a song with my Dad for my cousin's wedding. :-) Fun filled times in the Delta.

Well better get back to work...

No comments: