Monday, May 12, 2008

It's really official!





So even though I have had my degree since January…walking across that stage let me know that it was really real. :-)













My mom, dad and MeMe all came up for my graduation and it was great to see them all! We ate at Granite City on Friday night and my PapPaw was able to join us there as well. We took pictures and were even able to wrangle a new graduate (Jason Barns) to take pictures for us before everything got started. With a MFA in Art we figured we would be in good hands and other than the photo with the dump truck in the back ground he did a GREAT job! Our only real complaint about the picuters was that until I got in line I didn’t have that stupid hood on right. The directions they included with it couldn’t have been more wrong! So for the pictures with the family it wasn’t right but once I was in the tunnel it was all great. And yes we lined up in a tunnel and were herded in like a bunch of cattle. :-D



Everyone there gave good little speeches but after an hour and a half I ducked out and Mom, Dad and I went to have brunch at Common Grounds! I am pretty sure that with Thursday’s dinner at Noodles with my Bible study gals, Friday’s dinner at Granite City and Saturday’s brunch I put on a solid 5 lbs! (to borrow from Laura – BOO HISS!!!)



Looking back on this weekend I realized that I didn’t even have one. Friday was entertaining family and so was Saturday then Sunday I helped throw a surprise baby shower for my old roommate Katie. I never realized how hard it is to get everything ready for a shower. That was the first one I planned and I will have to say I don’t look forward to doing any more. J We did have a great time and that helped to add to the proverbial 5 lbs as well. Whitney and I started working on everything at 1:30 and the guest of honor showed up at 4:45 completely surprised. Everyone left by 7:30 then I walked the dogs and was completely spent after that. When I woke up today I realized that I felt like I hadn’t slept in three days sooo I can’t wait until SATURDAY when Mom and I leave for our cruise. I can tell that I will need the rest and relaxation from my basic 2 weeks of work.

No comments: